Sunday, March 27, 2011

Something to smile about

Carson is two months old - who-hoo! I cannot believe how fast the time is going by. I feel like my tiny brand new baby boy is gone and has been replaced by a big boy with an adorable smile and crazy hair! He gets cuter and cuter everyday.



Kenzie continues to be an amazing, sweet, caring, loving big sister. I never expected all of that from her and she surprises me everyday with how much of mommy's helper she is. The moment that melted my heart last week happened one night while tanner was at tennis. As usual, the bath and bed time routine was quite the hassle with only one mommy and two little ones. Carson had reached his max of patience while I was finishing getting Kenzie dressed for bed. He was in the master bath in his bouncy seat crying and Kenzie and I were in her room. She ran down to see about him and got there a good minute before me (I am sure I was cleaning up some mess some where). Things got awfully quiet in the bathroom - neither kid making any noise. As I rounded the corner, I was geared up to yell at Kenzie for doing something wrong (assuming the worst based on the lack of noise), but to my surprise, I found her kneeling on the bathroom floor slowly bouncing the bouncy seat to settle Carson down just like a little mommy. She had the sweetest look on her face like she knew she had helped make Carson happy. I was so proud and shed a few tears over the moment.

No comments: