Monday, August 5, 2013

Mackenzie's First Day of Kindergarten


What a day to celebrate - Mackenzie's first day of Kindergarten! She was bright eyed and genuinely pretty excited to go this morning other than complaining of waking up when it was dark. She told me she could not wait to do work at her new desk. We were allowed to walk her into her class this morning, which was great for all of us, but Carson. He pitched a loud, crying fit the entire time because he was stuck with Daddy while Mommy concentrated on Sissy. Despite that, we got our little princess to class on time and made sure she would know how to walk in by herself tomorrow. She was a little hesitant at the door, but walked right to her desk hoping to hang her new princess book bag on the hooks like she did at preschool. I have a friend that works at the school who has texted me a few updates that she had a crying moment this morning, but she stayed with her to calm her down and by lunch she was doing great and looked like she was having fun. What a blessing to have another mommy there helping me know she is doing okay!

As far as me, today has been emotional to say the least. I am excited for her and proud of her starting off on her own in a new, strange place, but I am weepy at the same time. I miss her. It seems silly for me to be sad about her starting Kindergarten, but I am. I can recognize that this is not a bad problem or even a real one, others have much harder things to face, but I can't help it - I miss my Kenzie-Bo! I can't image what it will be like to send her off to college - yall might have to rescue me from the looney bin. Ha!

All in all, I am blessed to have such a smart, sweet, bright-eyed little lady that will do awesome at big girl school this year!






No comments: